Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm in LOVE!!!

Today I was browsing other blogs for inspiration, and I found LOVE! (Furniture love, but love nonetheless!)

I've been a fan of Tejo Remy's recycled chest of drawer projects. We have one of his pieces at the St. Louis Art Museum, and every time I see it, I think, "I wanna make something like that!" Problem is I don't need a piece that big, and it would take me a long time to find that many drawers.

My drawer search is going to be revived, however, because I've been re-inspired by a German designer, Franziska Wodicka of schnubladen. I don't think I will be able to fight the urge to do a recycling project like this much longer. I love recycling projects! This is gonna be a picture heavy post, but I have to share all the beauty! You won't believe what this woman can do with cast off drawers!




Probably my fav! It's like a little secret :)


Since some of these only need one or two drawers, I think they would be an easier project to start with. I could use these anywhere in the house. So those of you who know and love me... DON'T THROW AWAY DRAWERS, PLEASE! I want them. I think I'm finally gonna do this. I'm not afraid of MDF and elbow grease anymore, lol. I can't wait to try this!

Clare :)

edit June 30- I found this adorable table/bench... and I think it will be one of my first upcycling projects... provided I ever find the pieces to salvage.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Clare,
    What an adorable blog I love the page design and colors! My word...what a project. It's got the makings a very, very fine house indeed.
    Blessings. What Now God

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) You know how I like projects, lol.

    ReplyDelete