Sunday, April 11, 2010

I worked hard today!

Today I worked on the house... all day :)

I
  • put a second coat on all of my cabinets, drawers, and the back side of all the doors. (All I have left is to two coats on the front of the doors.)
  • Sanded down my credenza.
  • Put the first coat of primer on my credenza. (It's gonna turn into a design sponge type before and after project :)
My hubby
  • grilled us some hot dogs :)
  • pulled up a few of the vinyl tiles in the kitchen
  • got a dresser from his mom's house
  • disappeared for 30 minutes
  • then helped me a bit with my credenza
His big work day is gonna be tomorrow. He's gonna try to get the floor done in the dining room, get the vanity for the upstairs bathroom, mow the lawn, uhm, and something else.

I'm pretty tired, but I wanted to share a picture of the crazy cabinet I found at a thrift store yesterday!

It's about four feet tall. It has dovetailed drawers. It was made in St. Louis. As an old man was leaving he said, "I haven't seen one of those in years!" Which made me laugh. And the best part... it was only $4! It's so crazy, I love it. My sister used to say I would pick things because I knew they were crazy and no one else would like them... Well, Annie if you are reading this, there were three other people who wanted this and were mad I beat them to it. It must not be too ugly, lol. Just ugly enough to be awesome! Here's the inside label, which cracked me up.


My sweet, sweet friends Brian and Kathleen drove twenty minutes to help me move it to my apartment. Gotta love friends with trucks :) Brian said it reminds him of the Partridge Family bus, lol.
I'm gonna use it in my sewing room. I think I'm gonna store yarn in it. I'm gonna put the different colors of yarn in the different drawers. (White shades in the white drawer, pinks in the pink drawer, etc.) I just really love how bright, happy and fun it is :)

I can't wait to see all the work Justin does tomorrow, and get some more progress pictures up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment