It is a total mess! We pulled the tile, wallpaper, and the mirror down. And now it's a disgusting war zone. My sweet, sweet husband cleaned the bath tub for me, so I can still take a bubble bath every now and then... but this atmosphere doesn't exactly de-stress.
We still need to
- Do the roof and guttering. (Which should be started as early as tomorrow, yay!)
- Finish the laminate flooring (We ordered the rest of the materials, which we will have by Tuesday! also yay!)
- Replace our oil burning furnace with an electric furnace. (Oil, as in what you put in your car... it costs like $500 a MONTH to keep the thing running when it's really cold out. No way Jose!)
- I need to paint the exterior of our house... bring on the skimpy cloths and half-***ed tanning opportunity, lol.
- um, I'm sure I'm forgetting something
- and probably something else...
BUT! It could be worse! I could be stuck with THIS...
Thank you Better After and Laura of Studio Orange for some much needed perspective! (Follow the link to see Laura's inspiring "after")