Sunday, September 12, 2010

happy birthday to me :)

The hubs and I are not very big on gift giving, at least between each other. When one of our birthdays comes around, we usually just go shopping together and the birthday-person just buys what they want. For his birthday, he wanted to buy some movies, so we went movie shopping... For my birthday (9-9) I wanted something I found on craigslist. So today we drove an hour and 15 mins from New Athens, IL to Glencoe, MO to get my birthday present.
Now let's play a little game of "Where's My Lappy?" (She says in her best game show hostess voice)
 My little acer lappy and my favorite tea mug are sitting on my birthday present to me. It's something I said I wanted a few posts ago, and was extremely lucky to find so quickly. And, by some miracle the seller had an extremely low asking price of $40. $40 is nuts for a piece like this one. I did a quick and dirty search just now and a comparable piece is selling on ebay with a starting bid of $329. So what could this fabulous find and great bargain be?



















Of course, I'm gonna make you scroll down a bit....











It's really too beautiful to spring on you all at once...












Ok, I don't want to lose you, so I guess I will have to show you now... that anticipation is just too much!











Meet my classic vintage, mid century modern secretary desk!!!

She is a bit sparse at the moment, but I'm planning on dressing her up a bit this week. DON'T WORRY! I am not about to spray paint her white or something silly like that. This is a solid wood, dovetailed piece of furniture. (I think I'm going to name her Tessa) She is beautiful as is, but she needs a little accessorizing, like some art and a lamp, perhaps? I already spent some tea and internet time with her tonight, and it's the start of a beautiful relationship, I can tell :)

OH, annnnnnd (as if that wasn't enough) I have paint fingers again, but you aren't gonna get to see why until next weekend because there isn't enough weekend left for me to finish it, lol.

<3 Clare

2 comments:

  1. Yay! That's a nice piece of furniture right there. It doesn't need too much accessorizing (for some reason I got an image of some horrible green-and-brown crocheted doily when I typed that) but I can't wait to see what you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, green and brown doily huh? I feel like I could work that look, lol.

    I'm gonna try dressing her up tomorrow. My art came in... It's a little crinkled though, so I'm pressing it now. I think I have frames, but I don't have mats... If I can find mats tomorrow when I go to look for fabric for my bench, I'll snatch them up :)

    ReplyDelete