Thursday, May 5, 2011

I hope they live!

Today My mother-in-law and her boyfriend Jim helped me plant my hydrangea bushes. (They also pulled weeds, and Jim cleaned out my window wells... Jeeze guys, love you too :)

A few of them are looking a little mopey. Someday I hope they will be beautiful. Here's my dream.
BUT, I will be happy for now if they live. They look mopey because they were hit by a frost. FROST! It's May... yeah FROST! But, it's sprinkling spring rain outside :) hopefully that'll perk them up a bit. My spinach is growing and I bought four kinds of mint today for my other planter.
  1. peppermint
  2. spearmint
  3. grapefruit mint
  4. and chocolate mint
All of which I plan to make into tea. They all smell soooo wonderful! I still haven't decided what to do with my planters, but I'm leaning towards the Moroccan print :) I need to buy more dirt tomorrow on my way home from work so I can plant the mint. I'm going to look at the garden edgings because my baby bushes need a little something to mark their territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment