Saturday, March 24, 2012

midnight math, mama, tea, sleepy Journey

Justin gave me the thumbs up for a project I've been dying to do for a while- pipe shelves! Unless you've been living under a rock (or you don't have pinterest, read the cool blogs like Apartment Therapy and Design Sponge, or seek out new interesting home design stuff... which is kinda the same as living under a rock) you have probably been seeing some pipe shelf awesomeness slathered all over the internet. For example here are some I've been pinning...



I could go on and on and on, because I seriously LOVE pipe shelves! (I won't though, I promise.)

If you are a long time follower of my blog, you might remember my behemoth of a fire place... if not, I will refresh your memory.

Well, since we decided to buy this place I've been wanting to put some built-ins over all the brick(brick, brick, brick) to balance it out. The fireplace wall is at least 20 feet long, and while it's always cute at Christmas time, the rest of the year it's this big expanse that taunts me, lol. I've thrown lotf of ideas Justin's way, but he wasn't crazy about any of them, until pipe shelves, because seriously, there is a coolness factor that transcends gender, style, age, class, all of it. (Ok, maybe that's taking it too far, but my mama likes them too, and we are opposites.)

I've spent the last few hours plotting, planning, calculating, sketching, comparing materials and prices... AND (mostly because there aren't 24 hour hardware stores) tomorrow is go-time! I'm sooo pumped to finally be getting the shelving I've been dying for in the living room. I'm soooo stoked! Wish us luck, you know there will be pictures as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment