Sunday, March 18, 2012

back in the saddle

I haven't really been going to the huge monthly flea market as much as I used to, but the weather has been so good, I pulled on some new shorts and flip flops and made my way up there today. I found some really cool stuff!

The first thing I found was this awesome geode.I can't wait to take it in and show my pre-k class. it was only 25 cents!
 My mom has a set of these tiny clamps, and I've been wanting some ever since I saw hers. I know both Justin and I will get a lot of use out of them. All four $1
 I always, always, always hunt for new and interesting necklaces. These two were from my favorite jewelry guy. They were $1 a piece. The top is twisted seed beads, and the bottom is the ultimate fall necklace. It is made of apple seeds and pretty beads.
 These were a pleasant surprise! I'm not a huge fan of red, white, and blue, but I love Indian bead work. I figure these will be fun for summer, or maybe someday I can use them as part of an Indian costume. Can't you just see long braids with these at each end? (I actually had to walk away for a second and put them in my hair, lol... I love them!) Both for $1
 There was a really cool booth with a whole bunch of Peruvian import stuff. They had LOTS of owls! I bought two. The colorful little guy in the middle is a whistle! He was $1. (The round one is from Korea, and my friend Min Kyoung gave him to me. He's a mirror. The cute little guy on the right was my first purchase towards owl collecting. I'm pretty sure I got him at the flea market, but don't remember.)
 The cute little guy in the bottom left corner is the other one I got from the Peruvian booth. He was $1. (I got the cast iron guy at flea market a while back, and can't remember where "weather owl" came from.)
 My little collection has almost out grown their house.
 I bought Justin a special edition whiskey bottle for his bottle collection. $2 I hope he likes it. I can't wait to show you what we are going to do over the HUGE fireplace in our living room.
 This is by far my favorite find of the day! Last month, when we went to the flea market, I met a local artist and fell in love with his style. He is pretty much the reason I made sure to go back this month, and I'm glad I did! I love this print! It's koi fish swimming in tye-dye-esque water. It's soooo fun and happy! I have no idea where to put it yet, but I had to have it. $5 (approx 16"x20")
 The same artist makes macrame jewelry, and since I don't have many bracelets (and they are so fun for spring) I picked out these two. The one on the left is actually red and turquoise, and the one on the right is pink and purple with pink glass beads. I could not get a color true picture no matter how hard I tried. $2 each
 These are the prints I picked up from him last month. They are called Lost, Found, and Reborn. They are really, really cool up close! AND YES!!! I know they are hung horribly, and it literally makes me twitch. I asked Justin to do it, and he just kinda slapped them up. He IS going to fix the spacing OR ELSE!!!

Yep, so that was my day at the flea market :) I had lots of fun. In other news, in a half-assed attempt to lose weight, I am taking Journey on a walk every day now. (I say half-assed, because we are walking more because we enjoy it than because it is exercise... although the possibility of weight loss is a bonus, it's not the goal.) It's been really fun and relaxing for both of us. It's also cool because we are getting out and discovering our town. Something new I've learned is we have a really cool old cemetery with graves from the 1800's. It's pretty humbling, and I like to go there every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment