Sunday, September 18, 2011

Changing Leaves- Celebrate Color

I've been crocheting these hand-warmers since I first found the Celebrate Color pool. I came up with the design myself. I wanted them to be feminine and fun. I used a Yarn Bee Snowflake Wool Blend for the body. My camera distorted the colors a bit. There are variations of red, yellow, orange, and brown. This yarn reminds me of the changing leaves. My favorite things about fall are the crisp cool air, the changing leaves, and finally being able to wear knits! I'm so glad these are finally finished! I've been dying to wear them! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do :)
 I love fall :)
I love big buttons :)
I love pumpkin spice tea :)
I think these hand-warmers might be slightly magic, lol. When I went to take Journey out for her nightly walk we found this beautiful, stately toad. I'm calling him Rupert, and I can't wait to show him to my class tomorrow. (Don't worry, he'll be released tomorrow after the kids ooo and ahhh a bit.)

There is a matching cowl/scarf/wrap in my future... as soon as I make up my mind on the design :)

1 comment: