Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Eerie ice...

Tonight as I was walking Journey before bed, I noticed the trees were completely covered in ice. It was beautiful until the wind started to blow through them. The ice was making crackling sounds, and it sounded as if the trees would shatter into a billion pieces. I've been very uneasy about this massive storm since it started. I probably don't have anything to fear, but fear plus winter time depression has dwindled me down to a frightened and paranoid child. I know I need to snap out of it, so I decided to make a list of things to do tomorrow. (I will most likely be off of work. I went in today, but there were only two kids from my class today. My boss's have already told me if it is bad to stay home since I live thirty minutes away. It took an hour to get home today... a horrifying hour.)

If I am blessed and able to stay home tomorrow. Here's the game plan.
  • hang up the remainder of my clean laundry
  • clean the guest bedroom for Miriam and Allan's visit
  • organize my sewing room again (this is the fun one!)
  • do the dishes
  • play with Journey til she quits (also a fun one)
  • curl up with my husband and talk about anything and everything (also fun)
  • let Justin play x-box and I'll crochet
  • if the laundry mat is open, I'm gonna go up and wash all our sheets and pillowcases with that yummy smelling lavender effects soap :)

There's an 80% chance I'll be home tomorrow, and as much as I don't want to miss anymore work, I am going to be productive at home tomorrow :) Anyone else bummed about this storm? Spring... I want Spring. I want to wear flip flops again.

P.S. I will take pictures of the sewing room redo if I get to work on it. I'll also take pictures of any crocheting I get done :)

1 comment:

  1. Remember the slate blue scarf I was working on at Bread Co? I'll let you guess how many stitches I've produced since then.

    I made a to-do list today too! I guess you know by now that STL didn't get the blizzard they kept telling us was coming, but apparently the streets are pretty messed up from all the freezing rain/sleet (what's the diff?). Oh, I also don't have to worry about going in to work because I am currently unemployed. :)

    It's been so long since you blogged!!!

    ReplyDelete