Thursday, June 3, 2010

My pretty new floor!


This morning, I woke up and walked barefooted onto my brand new kitchen floor. The hubs and I have been working very hard on the floor for the last week, and I'm happy to report I have finished photos!

Here is Justin laying the last bit of flooring down... and...Here she is!!! This is while the sealant was still a bit shiny. It's a light gray commercial tile. We chose it because it's
  • pretty cheap
  • easy to install
  • looks nice
  • easy to maintain and clean
  • and because it is going to wrap down our basement steps and into the basement
The only things left to do in the kitchen are
  • put up baseboard trim
  • paint the tiles (good-bye yellow!)
  • paint the accent wall
  • replace the stupid desk thing with a stock cabinet with dish washer housing
  • make built-in for accent wall
  • hang some art
Seems like a lot, but the floor was a major milestone that we are glad to have finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment